Factiva, the newspaper library for analysing current events and business affairs06/07/20
The Dow Jones-owned database Factiva contains over 32,000 international press resources and pieces covering current economic and financial affairs.
The platform includes:
- National, international and local news from leading newspapers such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Times, The Wall Street Journal and The Financial Times;
- Journals and commercial publications (for example, Forbes and Newsweek); News items from news agencies (AFP, Reuters, Dow Jones, etc.);
- TV and radio podcasts from the BBC, CNN and ABC; Company reports;
- Photos from photography agencies (Reuters or Knight Ridder);
- European Union law.
What can Factiva be used for?
The database is a useful tool for research and learning. We now have unlimited, restriction-free access to the Factiva database. Previously, only six people could use the platform simultaneously, but this restriction has now been lifted.
Factiva can also be used to:
- Stay on top of national and international news;
- Analyse a brand's reputation;
- Find out more about current market trends or international economic issues;
- Study the development of a topic over time;
- Put together a press pack;
- Search for information about a specific country;
- Find European legislation;
- Study a company's balance sheet;
- Follow market prices; and
- Get the scoop on a specific business sector.
There are other digital newspaper libraries at the UOC Library. For example: