Your Publons profile is moving to Web of ScienceSubject: Multidisciplinary01/04/22
This process is automatic; there will be no interruptions to the service, and everything will continue to work as normal.
Publons was created as a free platform to showcase peer review contributions in the academic community and help journals find profiles of reviewers with whom they could collaborate. A full integration of Publons in the Web of Science (WoS) database has been due to take place since its acquisition by Clarivate Analytics. This integration will be completed over the course of April, and researchers' profiles will be transferred from Publons to WoS.
- You'll be able to manage your profile and edit your details easily from just one platform rather than two.
- You'll receive an automatic alert when someone cites a publication from your profile indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection.
- Your profile will be visible in a database used by 15 million people in over 9,000 institutions around the world.
- Will researchers' profiles continue to be public following the move to WoS? Your profile will remain freely available for anyone to see, so people without a subscription to WoS will still be able to look you up. However, they won't see entries from authors or documents you haven't claimed.
- If I don't have publications on WoS, can I have a Web of Science ResearcherID? Yes, you can have this unique identifier.
- Will I still be able to add publications that aren't in WoS to my profile? Yes.
- Will I still be able to sync my WoS profile with my ORCID iD? Yes.