The importance of human resources in organizations29/10/20
An introductory guide to the basic principles behind HR and the professionals that manage it.
A company's employees are one of its major assets and the talent they lend it is what gives any business venture a competitive advantage in a constantly changing economic climate. That's why human resources management, commonly referred to as HR, is gaining ground among organizations' lists of priorities.
This new dossier from the Library contains a series of articles, videos and UOC learning resources that will have you looking at the role of HR manager through new eyes. You will see it is about much more than hiring new employees.
The dossier was designed to be used as part of the Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Management and the Master's Degree in Human Resources Management People and Organizations course. Vicente Peñarroja, professor at the Faculty of Economics and Business and the person behind the dossier said: "The aim is to provide students with an overall vision of the more relevant and practical aspects of human resources management and development in organizations."
What sort of topics does the dossier cover?
- The importance of the human factor in today's companies.
- How the concept of HR has grown and changed over the years.
- How HR management fits into an organization's general management and its business strategy.
- The key responsibilities and functions of HR professionals. These multi-faceted experts are knowledgeable in a variety of areas, from economics and business to psychology and labour relations. Their tasks range from workplace analysis to staff training and professional development.
- The main challenges for people management in the face of a changing labour market and organizational transformation.
So if you want to know more about HR and the women and men behind it, this dossier is for you!