The learning resources adapt to you
Why did you choose the UOC? It offers lifelong learning and lets you manage your own time so that you can combine your professional and personal life with your studies. All this is thanks to its flexible learning model and classrooms that are open around the clock. The UOC's digital learning resources also adapt to you and your style of learning.
The resources are…
- Multiformat: they can be hypertext, audibook or videobook.
- Multimedia: they can include text, image, audio or video.
- Interactive: they go beyond plain text and can allow for comments, underlining or adding information.
The most common formats
Most of the 32.764 digital resources are multiformat and can be used whenever you want on your PC, tablet or smartphone.
- HTML5: the natural choice for materials. This format lets students make notes and comments and underline things, so that they can make the materials their own. It also means that teaching staff can make notes and comments to highlight aspects or make changes to the materials.
- PDF: the classic choice. This format shows the text in identical fashion, regardless of the software, hardware or operating system used.
- ePub: This is the standard format for ebook readers.
- Mobipocket: This text format works on portable devices, ebooks and PCs.
- Audiobooks: Listen to spoken text generated automatically. They come in two formats: MP3 audio files that can be listened to on any device or zip files with a version in the DAISY format that ensures people with sight impairments can use them.
- Videobook: These short videos in MP4 format can be played on an iPhone or any computer. They blend phrases spoken by text-to-speech tools alongside the text itself.
Most students at the UOC choose digital
The UOC has seen a rise in the number of students who only use digital learning resources. At the start of the semester, they can choose to receive the printed materials in the mail or just the multiformat, interactive digital versions.